The Receivables module maintains customer and receivables files. Among its features are accounts aging, automatic printing of custom “overdue letters” (dunning letters), instant account status (by customer or by individual store) to the screen or printer, aged statements with or without advertising messages, and acceptance of advanced payments, full or partial payments either on account or against specific invoices.
AS/AP™ includes an interface to merge your customer master file (customer names and addresses) with most commercially available word processing programs.
Customer Master File and Credit
The Customer Master File contains extensive data about the customers and their credit status with your company. In addition to the information you would expect (address lines, city, state, zip code, 2 contacts, 2 telephone numbers, fax phone number, e-mail addresses, sales tax number, salesman, invoice terms, territory, source, shipping method, shipping priority, part ship status, etc.) the AS/AP™System also provides and automatically maintains: Sales Last Year, Year-to-Date Sales, High Credit, Credit Limit, Open to Buy, Last Sale Date, First Invoice Date, Last Credit Date, Credit Hold (Switch), and UPS Customer Type.
Customer Codes of up to 12 characters can be assigned by the user or automatically by the system.
Visual AS/AP™ approaches the optimum with such optional fields in the Customer Master file as: Vendor Code, Factor Code, Credit Expiration Date, Insurance Add-on Percent, and Standard Commission Rate.
The Accounting Department is able to place a Credit Hold on a Customer which will immediately prevent other departments from shipping to that customer. Obviously, if a Credit Hold is lifted, that information is also immediately available to other departments. In addition, if a Credit Hold is instituted by the Accounting Department previously Approved Orders are immediately UNAPPROVED.
AS/AP™ even has an Electronic Note Pad that provides unlimited room to maintain miscellaneous notes for each customer. These notes can be searched at any time for keywords, dates, names, or phone numbers. Warning Flags are available to bring attention to notes of importance during Order Entry, Cash Receipts, and Order Conversion.
Customer Account History
The Accounts Receivable module maintains a ledger card on each customer that provides a chronological history of all activity applied to a specific customer.
AS/AP™ includes the ability to provide special pricing by customer, item group and customer, selected inventory items and customer combinations, or the ultimate: a different price for every customer and every inventory item. In essence, our ability to handle your pricing needs is unlimited.
Quantity Break Pricing
Contract Price Tables
The Contract Pricing feature is a table attached to the customer master and ship-to files. This convenient and easy-to-use table contains prices for individual customers and allows the user to even specify prices for individual ship-to locations within a specific customer. Contract prices can be based on style, style and color combinations, or down to the size and dimension level. The Contract Price table can handle specific or relative prices, which are prices based on a percentage of a base price.
Contract Prices are available to the user during order entry. If a Contract Price does not exists for a specific customer, style, or style/color the system will default to the original pricing scheme and price level. When looking up prices, the system can be configured to show all Contract Prices for a specific customer and ship-to location.
Lead Tracking/Contact Mgmt System (CMS)
An all-new Lead Tracking System, a fully integrated Contact Management System (CMS) has been developed for easier handling and convenience. This new system allows the user to track sales prospects by entering on-going notes and time/date stamped contact information. Transactions are maintained of every contact, notes of that contact, and the next anticipated action and planned date. Detailed schedules can be printed, daily ‘to do’ lists can be viewed, and customer lists can be developed for mass mailers. The possibilities are endless. Once a prospect makes a purchase, a customer record is automatically created. From then on, depending on the system configuration, order, sales, invoicing, and shipping information can automatically generate lead tracking transactions for notational purposes or for future follow-up.
Below is a screen shot from the CMS, showing the base contact information. There are then transactions, where communications and a timeline can be developed. Triggers for the To-Do section also come from here and make it easy to know when and whom to follow-up with. The Reports tab makes it easy to pull reports, such as Transaction Schedules and Mailing Labels.
Accounts Receivable Reports
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Customer Code
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by State
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Name
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Salesman
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Zip Code
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Customer Type
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Territory
- Customer Lists and Mailing Labels by Price Level
- Customer Labels for File Folders
- Customer Lists with Customer Detail including Credit Detail
- Customer List for Factored or Unfactored Accounts
- List of Customers With or Without Tax Numbers
- Ship-To Addresses by Customer (with above options)
- Account Status – Open Items
- Account History (all Invoices, Payments, Service Charges, Adjustments, Credits and Debits)
- Aged Accounts Receivables by Account Number
- Aged Accounts Receivables by Customer Name
- Aged Accounts Receivables by Salesman
- Aging of Factored Receivables
- List of Unapplied Credits
- Cash Receipts Register with General Ledger Account Distributions
- List of Customers on Credit Hold
- List of Customers near or over Credit Limit
- Dunning Letters [3 levels of nastiness]
- Dunning Letters to Factored Accounts
- Customer Account Statements for All Accounts
- Customer Account Statements for Past Due Accounts Only
- Customer Account Statement for Single Account
- Customer Account Activity Statements for All Accounts
- Customer Account Activity Statements for Past Due Accounts Only
- Customer Account Activity Statements for Single Account
- List of Unapplied Credits
- Customer Statements to Factored Accounts
- Sales Commission Register
- Cash Receipts Analysis by Salesman
- Automatic Credit Hold available for Customers with Past Due Balances
- Credit List for Credit Limit Maintenance